Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The 'passive' shred?

I'm really not sure why it's called 'passive'.  There is nothing 'passive' about it.  Nothing.  Zero.  Nadda.  Zip.  Sure, it doesn't inflict the horrific trauma of a full on, balls to the wall shred, but 'passive'?  I don't think so.

    The 'passive' shred is performed like any other; same speed, same tactics, same targets.  What makes it 'passive' is the fact that when it's over no real trauma was inflicted because the shredder ( the person employing the concept ) chose not to. The primaries still work, the ears are still attached, the nose is not broken and the grapes aren't squished.  In fact the shredee  ( person being shredded....  is that even a word? ) felt little to no pain.  So why is he on the floor with that look of shock and confusion on his face?

    The simple truth is when you're on the receiving end of even a 'passive' shred, perception IS reality.  The brain perceives imminent damage to the primary targets and reacts to protect them.  The resulting flinching is ineffective due to the speed and delivery method of the shred.  Now panic sets in, also known as............ Condition Black.  Once in 'black' the shreddee is relatively easy to manipulate, to 'manhandle', to dominate.  Shredder 1, Shreddee 0.

    How can I speak with such confidence of the power of the the 'passive' shred?  I've done it for real on the street in the course of my duties several times, and it worked.  Suspects in custody and no injuries to them or me.  Win / Win.  And that look of shock and confusion I mentioned..... it's real.  Real funny that is.......

    So, I'm convinced the term 'passive shred' is a misnomer.  Perhaps I'll rename it.  How does the ' I'm gonna shut down your mind and win this fight, but don't worry you won't be injured shred' sound to you?  Or the 'physical trauma-less shred'?  'Shredder lite'?  'Diet shred'?  Never mind.  I'll stick with 'passive shred'.  However inaccurate and misleading it may be, it just sounds better.

No comments:

Post a Comment